Monday, May 24, 2010

P90x Day 49: (Chest, Shoulders & Triceps)

..Happy May 24th, otherwise known as my 27th Birthday. It is pretty amazing that I am creeping up on 30 years old...time flies. Fortunately, i feel better than ever. For years and years I thought about getting into a normal workout regimen but never did.

Nearly 60 days ago I decided to. I am very grateful that I did. For the few of you that read this blog I HIGHLY recommend you do something....anything. It doesn’t have to be P90x, just get on a structured workout routine. Do something that tells you what to do, when to do it and how to do it. Write down a few goals and meet them. Quit thinking about what you want to do or how you want to look or feel and just go put in the work you need to be that way.

It’s tough, tiring and hurts at time, but it is worth it!

Today’s workout was really good. I felt energized and ready to go. I told you last week that i started writing my numbers down. I even showed you my rep count and weight sets from the few resistance workouts I did last week. I never dreamed that just writing down numbers would help so much.

This week when I started on the same routines again I had something to live up to. I attempted to beat all of my numbers from last week and the results where insane. Once I calculated up the rep counts and weight moved numbers below, I was blown away by how much they went up.
I immediately thought of Zig Ziglar for some reason. He always harps on the power of writing goals down. He says your 80% more likely to hit a goal if it is written down. Honestly, that is the main purpose of this BLOG. Not for other people to read, but for me to be accountable to someone out there in cyber land.

Checkout this video by motivation and goal setting master Zig Ziglar and then take a gander at the numbers below:



Here are LAST WEEK totals:
Total Rep Count: 319.5 Reps

Total Weight moved: 1968 lbs.
Total Pushups: 106.5 reps

Here are TODAYS totals:
Total Rep Count: 392 Reps (INCREASE 29%)
Total Weight moved: 2,460lbs (INCREASE 20%)
Total Pushups: 111 reps
(INCREASE 5%)


 
Here is the breakdown:
Slow-Motion 3-in1 Push-ups: (12 reps + 12 bonus reps)
In & Out Shoulder Flys: (16 reps @ 10lbs)
Chair Dips: (13 reps)
Plange Push-ups: (8 reps)

Pike Presses: (12 reps)
Side Tri-rise: (12 left / 10 right)
Floor Flys: (14 reps)
Scarecrows: (14 reps @ 10 lbs)
Overhead Tricep Extensions: (11 reps @ 10lbs)
Two-Twitch Speed Push-ups: (8 fast reps & 4 slow reps)
Y-Presses (9 reps @ 20lbs)
Lying Tricep Extensions: (12 left & 10 right)
Side-to-Side Push-ups: (10 reps)
Pour Flys (10 reps @ 8lbs)
Side-Leaning Tricep Extensions: (9LH & 13RH @ 10lbs)
One-Arm Push ups: (15 reps) on knees and half way down
Weighted Circles: (40 reps @ 3lbs)
Throw the Bomb: (20 reps @ 10lbs)
Clap Pushups: (15 reps) on knees
Slo-Mo Throws (8 reps @ 10lbs)
Front-to-Back Tricep Extensions: (12LH/13RH @ 10lbs)
One-Arm Balance Pushups: (8 reps)
Fly-Row Press (10 reps @ 10lbs)
Dumbbell Cross Body Blows: (35 reps @ 20 lbs)

..

No comments:

Post a Comment